All smiles! Mostly.
30th September 2016, and we’ve been here together as a family for a month. It has been intense and we’ve needed to learn fast but more so it has proved to be a wonderful beginning to settling into a new city and country. A lot has happened…
- We moved into our apartment on 5th September. Our piso is in Valdeacederas, part of the Tetúan barrió, close to Plaza de Castilla – a north-central transport hub. We are very happy here, having found a place that ticks almost all of the boxes for our needs.
- Ben started work officially in school as a language assistant on 16th September and is enjoying it. He works in a private, all age Catholic school in Getafe – a half hour train ride from Madrid centre. He’s now looking for some private English classes to supplement his income.
- Yohan started school a few days ago (September 26th)! He is tired but happy and is adjusting very well. We’re so proud of him.
- Lydia has begun the business development phase for her plans to set up a small young learners English language playschool.
- We are gradually getting more involved in church life – we are in mission groups (fortnightly gatherings with church and non-church friends), Ben plays keyboard in the worship band, Lydia often runs crêche (generally our boys and one other!) and we see church people regularly during the week.
- We have a GoGetFunding campaign – lots of people have asked how they could help and support us from back in the UK. The best thing you can do is pray for us, but if you’d like to help financially to support our mission here in Madrid, then you can do so by clicking here.
- Ben may well be making an appearance on a super-cool Madrid food blog in the coming months. Until then, keep an eye on that blog at MuchBites and follow their Instagram.
Please keep praying for us, thank you for thinking of us. There are plenty of everyday struggles but we are so grateful for how well we are settling in so far and the help and support we’ve received.